Sessions are the best thing to use, cookies are nice as a supplement.
If you want your users to be able to "auto-login" cookies are just
the thing to use, but apart from this cookies are not my favourite.

Another thing is that many browsers nowaydays have turned cookies
all off.. I remember a friend of mine did a supportsystem where the
loggin system was pure cookies... Man - did their staff get a lot of
support from people who didnt manage to logg into the system...
As mentioned - this were users with cookies turned off....

As the other users mentioned, the /tmp folder might be out of space,
however your provider might also have some custom setup on that
server which screws up the /tmp folder here and there. I know for
a fact one large provider here in Norway who has this problem on
one of their servers due to a heavy site which from time to time
sucks up resources resulting in the /tmp folder getting messed up.

If you still havnt solved your problem, get your provider to move you
to another of his servers (physically!), or change provider. You shouldnt
be having theese problems.

Kim Steinhaug
There are 10 types of people when it comes to binary numbers:
those who understand them, and those who don't.
www.steinhaug.com - www.easywebshop.no - www.easycms.no www.webkitpro.com

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]