Ed Curtis wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Justin Patrin wrote:
This is why he said: "Since you seem to have magic_quotes_gpc enabled,
you can put the value directly into your query."

You shouldn't use htmlentities when putting it into the DB. Use it
when displaying the text.

I tried it both ways and it only works correctly when I do use htmlentities($_POST['text']) in my insert query. I'm not showing the text to the user on page 3 at all.

Well, if you're happy with it "just working" and not knowing why or how it's going to break in the future... have fun.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com