Skippy wrote:
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:54:15 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Edward Peloke) wrote:

Is this the only way around it?  Can I get to mssql without using the mssql
extension?

I don't think so. Plus, the entire setup is a bit complicated and you need
FreeTDS as well as UnixODBC installed, plus some /etc configuration "magic".

FWIW, I have an article on the subject. It's in Romanian, but the commands,
configuration files and testing PHP code are clearly marked and are of course
universal, so perhaps you can make do with just some copy&paste.

See here:
http://rowd.zuavra.net/articole/11/p2/

P.S.: If anyone wishes to put an English version on their site please contact
me in private. I'll take the time to translate it. I haven't put the English
version on the Web myself since my site is meant to be in Romanian only.

A bit late, but for future reference, I have an English translation of this article available at:
http://www.chriscodes.com/articles/Connecting_to_MSSQL_from_PHP_under_Linux/

--
Chris Martin
Web Developer