On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:47:37 -0700, Daevid Vincent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Linux. PHP5.
>
> Why does this fail when using an array element, but using a variable will
> work? Why should PHP care what the variable is I'm trying to store into?
>
> list($bar['CompanyCode'], $CompanyDB) = mysql_fetch_row($sth);
>
> But this works:
>
> list($foo, $CompanyDB) = SQL_ROW($sth);
>
> And of course I'd have the extra...
> $foo = $bar['CompanyCode'];

Because list() is a language construct, not a function. It assumes
what you give it is a normal variable, it doesn't understand arrays.

Better IMHO to use $row = mysql_fetch_assoc() and access the array it
returns directly.

--
DB_DataObject_FormBuilder - The database at your fingertips
http://pear.php.net/package/DB_DataObject_FormBuilder

paperCrane --Justin Patrin--