Not test your code with GIF yet (I not have GIF support).
In your book they have a result picture of this code ?
I try this  by change imagegif($image) to imagepng($image)
and return blank image with specify width.

--
-Tuna-

""Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos wrote:
>
> > Thank you very much, really appreciate it. But I have to admit that I
have an example from a book in which he creates a gif (and not a png), where
he doesn't actually have to allocate a color. He only has 3 lines which are
supposed to work. Maybe true for gif, but cannot tell, since I don't have
gif support.