On Thursday 05 August 2004 06:47, Vinayakam Murugan offered up the following
tid-bit of information :
> Hello
>
> I am a fresh PHP programmer and am part of a team developing a LAMP based
> website. The problem we are facing is that when the site was hosted on a
> local server, it was quite fast. Now that we have to use the internet to
> get to it, it has become very slow even keeping in mind considerations
> like connection speed .
>
> Any pointers on what & how optimizations can be done?

Developing it locally, you were probably *at least* on a 10-Base
network...that's going to fly compared to accessing it over the web (unless
you're on a OC12 or something ;)  Two, developing it locally, your team was
probably the only people hitting the box, so if you now have it hosted on a
shared server, the 'live' box is taking more traffic.  Three, hardware?
Chances are, this has very little to do with php/html.

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek