--- Jason Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday 15 August 2004 07:45, Grant wrote:
> > I'm running Gentoo Linux, and emerged (installed)
> > squirrelmail which automatically installed all of
> its
> > dependencies including PHP and (I think) mod_php.
> PHP
> > doesn't seem to be working though, as I always end
> up
> > looking at the raw PHP code in a browser.  I do
> have
> > apache and apache2 installed on my system, and I
> > suspect some key PHP things may have been set up
> for
> > apache instead of apache2.  Does anyone have any
> > pointers?

I have asked about this on the Gentoo list and was
told to add "-D PHP4" to an apache2 directive.  I did
that, but it still doesn't work.

Having apache and apache2 installed is some kind of a
mistake.  I'm a newbie and not sure how it happened.
I plan on completely starting over and setting up my
server again from nothing to make it very clean, but
everything except PHP is working great.  This is the
absolute last thing standing in the way of going live.

When I see the raw code I am hitting apache2 as apache
is not running.

The only reason I need PHP is squirrelmail.  Is
mod_php necessary in this situation?

- Grant