Hi Matt,

The session_id() is correct on both pages. Some info I forgot to add is
this:

on my first page:

session_write_close();
header("Location: franchise_menu.php?".SID);
exit();

however on my franchise_menu.php page, no SID is displayed in the
browser address. could that be a reason? Or have i misconfigured
something?

TIA

>>> "Matt M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 8/16/2004 5:59:26 PM >>>
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 17:39:21 +0200, Angelo Zanetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> ok I thought the problem was fixed but its not. The session variable
> gets registered correctly however when I go to the next page and too
see
> if its still registered using the isset() function its not
registered
> anymore. I do have session_start(); at the top of the new page.
>
> I cant think why its not working?!?!

make sure that the session cookie is being set.  check the
session_id() on both pages, make sure they are the same.  If they
arent, you are having a problem getting the sid passed from page to
page.
Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Technikon or the sender
of this e-mail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect,
special or other consequential damages for any use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.ctech.ac.za/polic or call +27 (0)21 460 3911