If you read the code I posted, you'd see that I am sending valid resources.  :)  As I
explained, I lifted the technique
directly from the PHP documentation.  Now, if you can see a bug in my implementation
of this technique, by all means,
please point it out.

William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art-form that fights back!"

"John Nichel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
: William wrote:
:
: > I can accept that as a workaround, but I was hoping to do more than merely mute
the warnings.  Is there a way to
truly
: > use the connection and result set handles?  Can PHP truly utilize it's own
connection resource handles in code?
: >
: > Bottom Line:  This is going to make a real mess when multiple database connections
need to be used and when multiple
: > query results need to be managed simultaneously.
: >
:
: mysql_close and mysql_free_result work fine for me in 4.3.4 and higher
: as long as you pass it a valid resource, using multiple connections, and
: multiple result sets.  Well, you don't have to pass mysql_close a
: resource at all, but if you do, it *has* to be valid.  The only time I
: see the error you described in the original message was when I don't
: pass a valid resource.
:
: --
: By-Tor.com