I have a docdef.dtd file which defines a document. Now, if I parse some
doc1.xml file which refers to this
docdef.dtd, that is it contains the line

<!DOCTYPE whateva SYSTEM "docdef.dtd">

I want to chek if the doc1.xml really is correct as defined - has the syntax
(elements, nesting and whatever I have defined in docdef1.dtd)

And as I got answers from several people, it is not possible.

Andreas

"Joe Stump" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> AFAIK php doesn't care about extensions (ie .html vs .htm) - if it's valid
> XML and expat supports it then you should be good to go. I've parsed .rdf
just
> fine...
>
> --Joe
>
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 03:09:36PM +0200, Andreas Sisask wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does php have some feature of using .dtd or .xsd in parsing an .xml
file?
> > I mean for example if I parse some .xml (which refers to some .dtd) it
> > checks that the .xml is correct or if not then
> > gives quite exact error about it.
> >
> > Andreas
> >

> > --

***\
*
http://gtk.php-coder.net   *
>  * "Better to double your money on mediocrity than lose it all on a
dream."   *

***/