If memory serves, I was told that "PHP at the present time can not validate
an XML document". It does everything else, but you will have to validate
everything on your own.

In other words there is no current PHP function that can parse an .xml
document and judge if it is Well Formed or not.

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...

""Andreas Sisask"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9afcdk$jug$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9afcdk$jug$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I have a docdef.dtd file which defines a document. Now, if I parse some
> doc1.xml file which refers to this
> docdef.dtd, that is it contains the line
>
> <!DOCTYPE whateva SYSTEM "docdef.dtd">
>
> I want to chek if the doc1.xml really is correct as defined - has the
syntax
> (elements, nesting and whatever I have defined in docdef1.dtd)
>
> And as I got answers from several people, it is not possible.
>
> Andreas
>
> "Joe Stump" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > AFAIK php doesn't care about extensions (ie .html vs .htm) - if it's
valid
> > XML and expat supports it then you should be good to go. I've parsed
.rdf
> just
> > fine...
> >
> > --Joe
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 03:09:36PM +0200, Andreas Sisask wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Does php have some feature of using .dtd or .xsd in parsing an .xml
> file?
> > > I mean for example if I parse some .xml (which refers to some .dtd) it
> > > checks that the .xml is correct or if not then
> > > gives quite exact error about it.
> > >
> > > Andreas
> > >

> > > --
> > > To contact the list administrators, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]