Hi,

    I 2 use winxp pro at home, actually linux + windowoze and i have
encountered the same problem with mysql extension.
    Some extensions, such as iconv, openssl depend on external libraries.

    btw! it's not a good idea to mess with windows\system32 folder. If you
want
you can add the c:\php dir to the PATH variable and all dlls in there will
be found at
runtime by the engine which should happen anyway, since php5ts.dll is in
that dir
anyway.
    You should try and check for famous win32 DLL HELL.
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml
    This tool can be really helpfull to see which files are accessed during
startup and see
which dlls are loaded and where they are looked for.

    As far as mysql is concerned, my installation is mysql-4.0.18. I tried
the following:
    - i saw that the libmysql.dll which was delivered with php-5.0.1 was not
working so
i tried to use the libmysql.dll which came with my mysql server
installation.
    This did not work either, so, I recompiled the mysql extension against
my mysql server
installation and since then everything works perfect.
    I used VC 6.0 since php-5.0.1 for win32 is compiled with it.
    If you need some help with compiling the extension, please ask.

Cheers,
Catalin

P.S.
    It's not so bad considering linux for home use either. I have to use
winxp but i would
go for only linux if I could

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]