Greg Donald wrote:
I didn't reply to your email.  The email I replied to mentioned nothing
related to PHP.

Exactly.. you probably don't use a threaded email client, else you might have noticed the thread was on-topic when I started it. The recursion is killing me here. Need a GMail account?

I do use a threaded client, actually. You're the one who didn't notice I replied to someone other than yourself.

When I replied I was trying to provide a pointer that would help out
anyone who might have been interested by your thread, and at the same
time, end it.

Hypocrasy.. all you wanted was the last word.

The last word? Well, yeah. I did say I was trying to end the thread.

It's a PHP list.  If javascript related questions don't belong here (and
there were a few just today that were ended with such a reply), then
neither do gmail invite threads.

Yeah, well.. you'll get over it.

Just for clarity, I don't personally have a problem with javascript questions on this list. Sometimes they're pretty closely tied to something someone is trying to do in PHP. I've never asked that a javascript thread be taken off list.

Unless you're working on PHP gmail APIs (as I bet someone is), gmail isn't at all tied to PHP.

Once again though, I didn't reply to your email. Your gmail invite email (whose subject line was "gmail accounts", not "print() vs echo()", in case you'd forgotten) did have it's token I-better-throw-in-some-PHP content, after all.

BTW, trying to stay on-topic here.. did you prefer echo or print in
PHP?  Some of us old Perl guys kinda like print sometimes instead of
echo.  How about you?

Yeah, just like that.

At any rate, I'm done with this thread now. In case you haven't had your fill of flaming someone for asking that the list be kept on topic, try one of the half dozen other authors of emails to that effect that have come through the list in the last day or two.

Cheers.

--Rick