John Holmes wrote:

From: "Markus Fischer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Which do you prefer, echo() or print() ?

Albeit that, they're identical I think (both are core language construct, no real functions).

Come on... all good bottom-posting-firewall-turning-off PHP programmers know that print() is a function and returns a value while echo does not. We're all using templates, anyhow, so your code wouldn't have but one echo statement, right? ;)

I'm not arguing about return value but that it is a language construct, not a function, which is backed up by the documentation (which of course may be wrong): "print() is not actually a real function (it is a language construct) so you are not required to use parentheses with its argument list."

To my knowledge, there's no way a real function can ommit parentheses.

cheers,
- Markus