a.k.a kioto wrote:
<snip>
I have insert a file index.php in all main folder of virtaul host:
/usr/local/apache/users/default/index.php /usr/local/apache/users/mysite/index.php
/usr/local/apache/users/brothersite/index.php
I have modified the file hosts in etc/hosts.

39.244.88.126           mordoch
127.0.0.1               mordoch
127.0.0.1               localhost
127.0.0.1               mysite
127.0.0.1               brother

When i try to view with my browser i type on my addressbar
http://localhost i receive a message error like this:

Warning: Unknown(/usr/local/apache_1.3.31/users/default/index.php):
failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening
'/usr/local/apache_1.3.31/users/default/index.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/local/php/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

I receive this error for all virtual host that i have create.
The chmod of all folder is set to 777.
What are the reason ?

Since you don't have a virtual host named 'localhost', Apache is probably using the first docroot it comes too. Towards the top of your Apache conf file, you should see a section like this (in the 'Main Server Configuration' area)....

#
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
#
DocumentRoot "/path/to/doc/root"

Change that to whatever you want your default document root to be (/usr/local/apache/users/default/), and restart Apache.

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek