man, you guys are harsh.  I didn't want a code sample or anything.  Just a
pointer in the right direction, hehe.  I've done a lot of looking into this
and couldn't come up with the right results.  I can easily specify a folder
and submit it and have a php script do whatever but what I'm looking for is
really to force any browser to display the save as dialog box or another
example would be a "create folder" button that when clicked is able to
launch a dialog box where you can traverse through the directory structure
and create a folder.

I'll look into the content-disposition item in the "header" and see if that
helps.

thx again
Adil.

"Jay Blanchard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[snip]
Here's what i'm trying to do in php and using a mySQL database:

I want a button on a page that if clicked it launches the browser's or
OS's
"Save As" window, allowing me to specify where to save my file and/or
create
a new folder. This needs to work on Mac and PC.
[/snip]

I want an IDE that will let me speak code into it. Anyone else want
anything?

Seriously, a little Googling here would help. Start here
http://www.php.net/header