Robert Sossomon wrote:
> Parse error: parse error, expecting `']'' in file.php

First, some minor nits with other posters :-)

1. While it's true that integer and string keys are handled differently in
some cases, it has absolutely no bearing when the array reference is
buried in a string.

2. The code formatting provided by another poster doesn't seem all that
better to me than the original.  YMMV.

Then, a minor nit with the original poster:

Dude, you chopped out the line number from the error message.  That would
pretty much have made it possible to determine what was going wrong,
maybe.

You probably left out a ']' somewhere, which is exactly what PHP is
complaining about.  It's also possible a missing quote or apostrophe in an
EARLIER line is the real problem, and the code you posted, on its own, is
100% correct.

Finally, to all newbie PHP coders.  If syntax errors are giving you
problems, then get a color-coding editor, or plug-in for the editor you
are using.

I'm too old to change my ways and use one, but I'm long past the day of
wondering what any given syntax error could mean. :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm