From: Michael O'Neal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 9:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] Count function. (Newbie Question)

>Hi
>
>There are 2 issues:
>
>You need to maintain a page counter
>
>You need to pass the page counter and the total page count from page to
page

>You can do this via url params
>(xxx.html?page=$page_count&record_count=$record_count), sessions or cookies
>depending
>
>HTH

Let me elaborate a little bit more.  I don't think I explained myself
very well.  Sorry to waste the bandwidth.

I am building a little press-release administration for our sales
department.  There is a single page that contains form fields where they
can input thier data.  I want the users/admins to be able to see what
record number they are editing, and how many total records there are in
the db.  I have figured out the record number by echoing the "ID" of the
record.  I can't figure out how to display how many *total* records there
are in that db.  Does your tip still apply?

Thanks again,

mto

Michael O'Neal
Web Producer/ Autocrosser