I am using a session to store a variable so when someone enters something
into a field the persons username(which is stored in the session) is also
entered into anoter field.
  The problem is that it only works the first time, so how can I make the
session last for a required length of time, so that if the person leaves the
site and returns without the login then the variable is still stored and
entered into the field.

 Thanks in advance.

George