Hello,

on 02/09/2005 07:31 PM John Holmes said the following:
Bosky, Dave wrote:
I can't seem to get the mail function to work.

Is there a way to authenticate before sending mail, I believe this is my
issue.

No. Manuel will be along soon to tell you to look at the SMTP classes on phpclasses.org, though. ;) There are classes there that do this, so try them.

Thank you for the introduction, John. ;-)

Dave, as John mentioned the PHP mail() function does not know how to authenticate.

You may want to try this class that comes with a wrapper function named smtp_mail(). It works like the mail function but lets you set the authentication credentials as you need.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

You also need these:

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

http://www.phpclasses.org/sasl