bob wrote:
> C:\php\php.exe -q c:\path\to\php\file.php
>
> But this doesn't seem to do anything..the task manager in the windows
> scheduler just keeps saying that the task has not been run.
>
> Any suggestions?

The Task Scheduler uses the 'at' command under the hood, same as cron...

Perhaps if you dig down into your 'at' command and see if it's broken...

> Also, one thing I would like my script to do is to send out an email,
> but I don't have a mail server set up on my home PC..is there anyway to
> run a script from a server on a different machine, using Windows
> scheduler, and if so, what form would the 'path' to the file/server take?

If a full-fledged SMTP server is too much hassle, and you're looking to
send a relatively light load of email, I've been told that the Pegasus
email client is quite happy and easily run from a command line to send out
mail under Windows.  YMMV

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm