At 4:50 PM +0200 4/12/01, Dominick Vansevenant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Mat,
>
>did you put in a reset?
>
>reset($HTTP_POST_VARS);
>
>D.

Yes, you'll need the reset() there if you're looping through the
$HTTP_POST_VARS array more than once. However:

I take it that you were trying something like

        echo $HTTP_POST_VARS[0];

? If so, you will indeed get the output 'array' if element 0 is an
array. As someone suggested, you can use the print_r() or var_dump()
functions (print_r, I think, is PHP4 only) to display it. You can
also do something like

    if (is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS[0])) {

       while (list($k,$v)=each($HTTP_POST_VARS[0])) {
          echo '$HTTP_POST_VARS[0]', "[$k] = $v<br>";
       }

    } else {

       echo '$HTTP_POST_VARS[0] = ', $HTTP_POST_VARS[0];

In PHP3, POST/GET elements could only be one dimensional arrays, at
most. In PHP4, though, these can have 2+ dimensions, so for maximum
generality you'd have to have somewhat more complex code than this.

        -steve

--
+----------- 12 April 2001: Forty years of manned spaceflight -----------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |