Ashley wrote:
> Ok, apparently I wasn't clear enough with my explanation due to the
>
> I have a webserver (not on the same computer as the users) that is
> hosting an Intranet app.  I want to obtain the username of the current
> person logged into the workstation that is connecting to the Intranet.

OK.

> From what I have read this is impossible to accomplish from the server
> without prompting for a username/password.  I found an activeX control
> (called NWSess from Novell) that will provide the currently logged in user.

<sarcasm>Apparently it's not impossible to do this without prompting for
the username / password then eh?</sarcasm>

ActiveX controls are in the COM family.  If you don't know about COM
then you can start by looking here:
http://www.microsoft.com/com/default.mspx

Now... when you find the list of commands / variables that you will need
from the ActiveX container then you can make those calls with PHP.  The
relevant part of the PHP manual is:
http://php.net/manual/en/ref.com.php

P.S. this sounds pretty interesting.  I (and probably others) would
appreciate it if you would post back to the list with a [SOLVED]
response that shows PHP code you used to get this working.

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
STFA | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&w=2