That would be between $10 and $150 per hour or more. One can easily find and hire a college kid to slap together some open source programs, maybe throw a bit of Flash and fancy graphics on a web page and the project is done for $10 per hour. Of course, there is no cohesiveness or consistency to the "finished" website, and there was no reason to use Flash code, except to say the website uses Flash. All the text is actually graphics so there is no easy way to update the content. But the site works and it was done in 20 hours. So what is some of the site doesn't work if you are not using Internet Explorer under Windows, it will work for 85% of the people.

For $150+ per hour, you would get security analysis, usability analysis, browser testing, performance analysis and testing, adherence to standards, project management, scalability and maintainability. Perhaps even return on investment (ROI) estimates. The time frame will be a lot longer than the $10 hour work, but you won't have any problems tracking someone down to fix bugs and it will encompass things the client hadn't thought of.

Just a motorcycle club? If it's just some graphics and a discussion area, that's not too hard. There is a bunch of open source forum software available. Is there going to be a mailing list? Now that's including membership and people's personal information. You need to take security into account, especially SQL insertion, cross-site scripting, the hosted OS, etc.

Prices charged can be all over the place based on the talent of the person(s) doing the work. You may choke if someone said they would come up with a tag line for your company for only $20,000. That's not even a website, but a one line sentence. But that's about what HBO paid for "It's not TV, it's HBO.". In hindsight, $20k was pretty cheap.

So, what you charge depends on your talent and what needs to be done. $20-$50 per hour is probably the most common range for someone who doesn't really do this professionally, but knows they can do a decent job. You can come up a project price based on your hourly rate.

Bottom line, there really is no answer. I used to charge $75 per hour when I did consulting during the dot com era and my clients were telling me I was charging them too little. Some even saying I should double my rate.