$buffer = file_get_contents("php://stdin");

will read the contents of standard input into the string $buffer.

-philip

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Jeff McKeon wrote:

Running PHP 4.3.9, apache, mysql, qmail

I know it's possible to pipe an incoming mail message to a script in
qmial by creating a .qmail file for the user like:

|script

What I'd like to do is pipe incoming mail for a specific user into a php
script that parses it out (using mailparse I imagine) and puts the
pieces into a database table.

On PHP.net I see an example like this on the function page for
Mailparse:

[SNIP]
<?php

$buffer = [...] // Mail Content from pipe or whatever

$mail = mailparse_msg_create();
mailparse_msg_parse($mail,$buffer);
$struct = mailparse_msg_get_structure($mail);

foreach($struct as $st) {
  $section = mailparse_msg_get_part($mail, $st);
  $info = mailparse_msg_get_part_data($section);

  print_r($info);
}

?>
[SNIP]

This looks like it will work so long as I put the required database
interface code in the "foreach" section.  However I'm a little stuck on
how to actually pipe the file into the script so that it winds up in the
$buffer variable.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how I can do this?

Thanks,

Jeff