[snip]
I´ve got a problem porting from windows to Linux, when I wanna read and write
to the serial port. This works like a charm in windows:

if (!$fp = fopen("COM1", 'w+b')) {
    echo "\nError! Could not open COMport - Got a terminal open?\n";
    exit;
}

The program continues, but breaks in linux:

if (!$fp = fopen("/dev/ttyS0", 'w+b')) {
    echo "\nError! Could not open COMport - Got a terminal open?\n";
    exit;
}

I´ve checked and made sure that there´s a device on /dev/ttyS0 with minicom,
where I´ve got no problem accessing the device. But I keep getting this error:

Warning:  fopen(/dev/ttyS0): failed to open stream: Permission denied in
/var/www/html/s.php on line 85

Line 85 is the fopen line.

Permissions are:
crw-rw-rw-  1 root uucp 4, 64 Apr  5 13:38 /dev/ttyS0

having apache be the groupowner doesn´t change anything
[/snip]

You may also need to change the user/owner, depending on what Apache is running
as.