I've only been trying to learn this stuff for a few days and thought I was
on a roll, but now have run into a problem I don't get at all.  In my script
I have the following sql query and am receiving the following error when it
executes "You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1."

Any idea what my problem is?  I removed the WHERE id=$id and it works, but
updates every record of course :(

I'm lost here.  Thanks for any help.

$sql ="UPDATE members SET ".
  "name='$name', ".