In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Jeff Holzfaster") wrote:

> I have a couple questions... first, is there a notable MySQL General List
> like this one?

Yes.  The list on mysql.com is quite active and, like this one, it's common
to get responses directly from one of the developers.  (Another similarity:
the MySQL list is also archived at marc.theaimesgroup.com)  The most
notable difference is that AFAIK there is no official news mirror of the
MySQL list as there is for the PHP.net lists.  Darn it.

> Second, how do you write this query properly, or can it be done?
>
> select concat(date_format(date, "%W, %e %M %Y")," ",time) as date from TABLE
> order by date DESC;

The MySQL manual has a chapter on date/time fuctions.  Or is it the 'order
by' clause that's giving you trouble...?  I assume that 'date' is a
reserved word, so it may be confusing mysql.  In which case, try using a
different alias, like 'f_date".

--
CC