Hi Richard,

Color me confused. I removed "global $arrtree;" and added "$arrtree =
array();" to the function buildProjectTree() and now the parent function
(listProjectChildren) returns no values at all.

I've checked the page from which listProjectChildren() is being called, and
$arrtree does not appear as a variable in it at all, so it seems "global
$arrtree;" was doing SOMETHING, but at this point I have no idea what.

Still trying to work this out, if anyone else has any suggestions?

Much warmth,

Murray

[Here there be snippage: please see original post for outline of problem]