Jason Barnett wrote:
@media print {
  /* style sheet for print goes here */
}

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/media.html

^^^ This is a good suggestion. But if you only need to print just this one invoice then you can also take a full screen shot, paste that into your favorite image program and then print from there. (Usually this is Print Screen on your keyboard).

And if it does not fit on one screen, take more screenshots and glue them together in the favorite image program :)

The OP's problem is that images are printed, so this crazy solution would not work

Maybe that's the way you read it, but to me it looks like he's complaining that what he sees in his browser is what he wants to print, but this is not what is being printed (I assume because of alpha images). My point was that if the OP only needs to print one or two

It sound to me like background images are not being printed, which is indeed
off by default (in IE) I believe - solution is to not use background images,
or not use images at all in the invoice.

invoices then it's a bit overkill to create a CSS for print media when he can just print out a screenshot.

Yeah it's out of the box / not the purist answer.  Sue me.  :P

do you have money? ;-)