On 12 Jun 2005, at 04:17, Richard Lynch wrote:

I vaguely recall an issue with mb_* where people saw this nifty new
feature and turned it on having no idea what it was, and, well, they
didn't really want that feature turned on at all...

This could be the same thing.

Or not.

Try ./configure --without-mbstring

Unfortunately I'm deliberately enabling mbstring because I need multibyte string support, along with mbregex... If I could live without these extensions I wouldn't need to recompile.

I just tried compiling on a clean install of 10.4, with a clean install of fink (I'm using some fink packages like apache2, JPEG, PNG, etc) and I'm still getting the ld problem I mentioned. Think I may have to report it as a bug and see what comes of that.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture