On 13 Jun 2005, at 10:52, Marcus Bointon wrote:

I just tried compiling on a clean install of 10.4, with a clean install of fink (I'm using some fink packages like apache2, JPEG, PNG, etc) and I'm still getting the ld problem I mentioned. Think I may have to report it as a bug and see what comes of that.

A little perseverance always helps... I went through my configure command and removed a few possibly obsolete directives. I then ran into a dependency on gdbm that I can't explain, but after adding that in, I'm happy to report that it now works. For the record, here's my working config while building PHP 5.0.4 on OS X 10.4.1 as an apache2handler using fink libraries, also notable is that it also enables both mysql and mysqli extensions simultaneously:

'./configure' \
'--disable-overload' \
'--enable-bcmath' \
'--enable-calendar' \
'--enable-dba' \
'--enable-exif' \
'--enable-ftp' \
'--enable-gd-imgstrttf' \
'--enable-gd-native-ttf' \
'--enable-mbregex' \
'--enable-mbstring' \
'--enable-mcal' \
'--enable-pcntl' \
'--enable-shmop' \
'--enable-soap' \
'--enable-sockets' \
'--enable-sysvsem' \
'--enable-sysvshm' \
'--enable-track-vars' \
'--enable-wddx' \
'--sysconfdir=/etc' \
'--with-apxs2=/sw/sbin/apxs' \
'--with-bz2' \
'--with-config-file-path=/etc' \
'--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d' \
'--with-curl' \
'--with-dom=/usr' \
'--with-freetype2-dir=/sw' \
'--with-gd' \
'--with-gdbm=/sw' \
'--with-gettext=/sw' \
'--with-iconv' \
'--with-imap-ssl=/sw' \
'--with-jpeg-dir=/sw' \
'--with-png-dir=/sw' \
'--with-ldap' \
'--with-mcrypt=/sw' \
'--with-mhash=/sw' \
'--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' \
'--with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config' \
'--with-openssl' \
'--with-pcre' \
'--with-pear' \
'--with-png' \
'--with-ttf' \
'--with-xml' \
'--with-xsl' \
'--with-zlib' \
'--without-oci8'

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture