On Thu, June 16, 2005 9:45 am, Jason Motes said:

WILD GUESS ALERT!

> and returns the error:
> ldap_ssl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (86)
>      additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs
>                  found
> if i run the above command with the debug option -d 16 it says something
> about supportedSASLMechanisms1...NMAS_LOGIN

It sounds to me like something is not quite right in the SSL
authentication setup...

Can PHP read the directories and files where your keys are?

Can it *FIND* those diretories?

How is it supposed to know to use those directories?

> http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/doc/drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-xx.txt
> This page says something about a constant value LDAP_SASL_SIMPLE.  Is
> there anyway to configure this?

Got me there.  Unless there's some kind of generic PHP function like
ldap_set_option() or something like that...

< I am using:
>   PHP 4.3.3 --with-openssl --with-ldap=yes
>   Apache 2.0
>   Openldap
>   OpenSSL 0.9.7b 10 Apr 2003

Have you confirmed with <?php phpinfo();?> that OpenSSL actually got
compiled in?  A lot of time ./configure will continue to build PHP even if
one of the Modules you asked for couldn't be found.  You'll have error
messages buried in the logs from configure, but it will be painfully *NOT*
obvious that it "didn't work"

<?php phpinfo();?> makes it painfully obvious.

Either you've got a whole section there about OpenSSL and its version and
whatnot, or it didn't get compiled in.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm