On 5 Jul 2005, at 23:08, Rene Brehmer wrote:

Mostly it impressed me that recursion wasn't "cool" -- just another "tool"
and one that you only should pull out 1% of the time.

When we learned about recursion it took our teacher 15 minutes to come up with an example for what the heck it was good for ... and it wasn't even a
good one (can't remember what it was).

I have a Sudoku solver that requires every single permutation of sets of numbers for testing against, which I find a recursive function generates extremely quickly. The main uses I find are, as stated before, for building trees of data or doing very abstract problem solving.

Gaby

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]