this seems pretty interesting, i'm tring to write a code in php to get
those two outputs, but bit confused in counting weeks. could somebody
clear me..

"what is the first *date* of the first week of year 2005?"

is it "saturday jan 1st 2005" (assuming first week starts from jan 1
of any year)
or
is it "sunday jan 3rd 2005" (assuming first day of a week is monday)
or
anything else.

thanks

vk.