On Fri, August 19, 2005 12:56 pm, areguera wrote:
>> could you suggest something about Latin characters and portability?.

As I understand it, or not, more likely, you want to configure your
MySQL server to use UTF-8, and your MySQL client to use UTF-8 and
pretty much everything to use UTF-8, and then you can convert your
data to UTF-8 and its gonna store it in a way that you'll be able to
convert back to Latin-1 or whatever you like.

At least, that's what Mark Matthews of MySQL A/B said in his talk
about this at our more recent Chicago MySQL User Group meeting.

You may want to take this question to the i18n PHP list, where people
who have actually done it hang out. :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm