Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
Robert Cummings wrote:

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 23:12, Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:

Graham Anderson wrote:

Is there a way to loop thru all of these GET requests by:
putting the GET variables into an array
processing  the variable strings with trim/striptags/etc in a loop
exploding the variables back out into separate variables

I just do this:

function process_user_input($value) {
    return mysql_real_escape_string(strip_tags(trim($value)));
    // Or whatever processing you need
}

$_SAFE_GET = array_map('process_user_input', $_GET);
$_SAFE_POST = array_map('process_user_input', $_POST);

That way you never need to take them out of an array in the first place. Then you can do things like:

mysql_query("INSERT INTO table (col) VALUES ('{$_SAFE_POST['val']}')");

Still need to check isset() status unless you've disabled E_NOTICE which
I don't advise since it's sloppy ;)

Yeah, I usually would in a real script. Just slipped my mind when writing that example.

I would also in a real script, not use $_MyVar.