[snip]
Where I get tripped up is when I realize I'll need to at some point get
more than one customer at a time and thus I want to add a method called
'get_customers()'.
[/snip]

I know that you didn't ask for this, but the point needs discussing given
your assertion above.

Why, at any point, would you need to get more than one customer? One answer
is that all customers or a group of customers will need to be updated/edited
with the same information. Therefore you need a seperate class for multiple
customers which could then be extended by group. A group of customers is a
seperate object. Make sense?