From: CC Zona [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2001 4:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Buttons and such...

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("PHPBeginner.com") wrote:

> See, that's for the website. You often don't want to look same as others,
do
> you? Then you should be making the buttons yourself, perhaps on a sexy Mac
> OS X with some PhotoShop or Fireworks.
>
> OK, nor even I make myself the buttons when I design a software interface
> for internal use. I go to sourseforge.net, look thought the software demos
> and use cut&paste technology.
>
> Applications, generally, have some very interesting and usable graphics,
my
> advise to you is : search there.

There's some very cool, cutting edge design to be seen on some of those
sites.  However, it should be noted that since graphics are
copywrite-protected materials, unless a site is explicitely offering up its
graphics for free public use, you should also be getting permission before
using the "borrowed" graphics within your own works.  (OTOH, downloading
others' graphics in order to study them, master the techniques used to
create them, etc. is a common and very helpful practice that AFAIK does not
require permission.  So take advantage!)

--
CC