> Is there any PHP native function to redirect to another page or URL?

No, because you can only redirect a browser to another page using the
appropriate HTTP command (it is a header) or JavaScript.

> I would like that once the user clicks on home.php4 and a few
> verifications are done, he/she would be redirected to home.html.

You can issue a HTTP redirection command to the web browser by using
PHP's Header() function. You'll want to use this kind of code:

<?
   Header("Location:
http://this.is.the.destination.com/directory/file.php");
?>