On 19 Nov 2005, at 04:07, Curt Zirzow wrote:

If you are using mysql i would use the SQL_CACHE flag, it will
eliminate the need for you to manage the cache.

You don't necessarily need to us the SQL_CACHE flag in queries - you can just turn on the query cache globally using query_cache_type=1 in your my.cnf. Otherwise I quite agree - and MySQL has the huge advantage that it will work very nicely across multi-server deployments:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/query-cache.html

The last version of php5.1 i have installed APC on is a cvs
snapshot of around Feb 4 2005 11:49:05. Nothing special was needed.

The current 3.0.8 release of APC is broken in PHP 5.1.0-dev if you ever use __autoload. It will be fixed in 3.0.9 (and is fixed in CVS), though Rasmus implied that 3.0.9 is waiting until 5.1 release.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture