Hello All,
We just upgraded our server at work, and one client's web site stoped
working. I didn't write the code, I just get to clean up someone else's
mess.  :)  After a little troubleshooting, I found that forms refered
back
to the same script. so far, so good. very normal. The strange part was
the
variable names were just "$foo" not, "$_POST['foo']".
After the upgrade, the variable "$foo" was not recognized when the form
was processed, so of course, everything failed. My solution was to put
if (isset($_POST["foo"]))
 {$foo=$_POST["foo"]};
at the top of the script. This seems to make everything work.
My two questions are: first, is there a better way to fix this, and
second, how did this work in the first place?
TIA
Ray