From: Jedidiah
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:36 AM
Subject: [PHP] Embedded player

Hi.  I have been wanting to do something on my site for some time and was
recently told that it could be accomplished.

I started a daily devotion on our church website a few weeks ago, so I
changed all of my files to .php and began using a MySQL database.

I have a sermons page (www.mzbc.com/sermons.php) with a table with links to
.wma sermons.  When clicked in Firefox, it prompts to download.  What I want
is to be able to embed a player that will stay on that page and play all of
the files in the table.

I have found a player like this at http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/.
There is also a Windows Media style player that will do the same thing.  The
problem is I either have to create each individual sermon with an embedded
player in a new page, or create a playlist.  I will eventually have way to
many sermons to use a playlist.  I am sure there must be some way to tell
each file in the table to open in that player, but I am not familiar yet
with programming yet.  I have php for dummies which I started reading, but I
am not sure it will do what I want.

Thanks so much,

Jedidiah