From: Peter Lauri [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:05 PM
To: 'PHP General Users'
Subject: [PHP] socket_read

Best group member,

I want to read the content from a socket that is sending XML.

The socket_read(socket, length) takes the two parameters. But what I am
concerned about it, I do not actually know the 'length' of what is being
sent. How do I protect myself from that?

Right now I just use a value of 'length' that with margin is larger then the
size I will receive. Is it possible to get the size of what is ready to be
read from the socket?

Best regards,
Peter Lauri