Al wrote:
I'm trying to resize GIF images and up with very large files

For example:
Original width = 720
New width = 980
Original height = 1008
New height = 1274
Original filesize = 80kb
After resizing = 235kb

Based on the area increase; I'd expect the file size to about double, not be 4x as large.

$src_img = imagecreatefromgif($filename);

$dest_img = imagecreatetruecolor($new_width, $new_height);

does this function give a better result in terms of filesize?:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.imagecopyresized.php

imagecopyresampled($dest_img, $src_img, 0, 0, 0, 0, $new_width, $new_height, $org_width, $org_height);

imagegif($dest_img, $filename);

I tried using imagetruecolortopalette() and it helped a little; but screwed up the image quality.

Can anyone explain or have a solution?

Thanks....