Rostislav Krasny wrote:
Hi,

I've tried to ask the following question on internals@lists.php.net but
has been pointed out that that mailing list isn't appropriate. So I'm
resinding it here.

I am a newbie to PHP. I've installed a php5-cgi-5.1.2_1 from FreeBSD
ports collection and access it by FastCGI protocol from nginx HTTP
server. I've tried an example of "Hello World" PHP script from the
following tutorial page:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.firstpage.php

This is how the resulting HTML code is expected to look like, according
to the tutorial:

 <head>
 <title>PHP Test</title>
 </head>

And following is the HTML code I've got:

 <head>
 <title>PHP Test</title>
 </head>

Why there is no newline afer " <p>Hello World</p>" ?
Is it a PHP bug or the tutorial should be updated?

P.S. I'm not subscribed to this list, please Cc your reply.

put a space after the ?> and you will retain the line feed

jim