[snip]
>Some people insist on making everything XHTML compliant just they
assume
>that otherwise it would not be "Web standards" compliant. That is a
>silly claim that only leads to all sorts of problems.

That assertion is 100% untrue.

First of all, XHTML is an excellent idea.  Having been based in XML
(which is easier to parse than SGML - the markup base for HTML), XHTML
is a much, much more interoperable standard.  Second of all, the spec
has made a number of clarifications which should result in more
cross-browser predictability.
[/snip]

All of these, XML, HTML, XHTML are subsets of SGML.

[snip]
>For instance, if you use method="post" because XHTML specification says
>everything should be in lower case, you will have problems with some
>browsers and e-mail programs that only accept POST in upper case and
>fallback to GET when they find something else.

Oh, for God's sake, stop selling snake oil.  I'm willing to bet $100
that you haven't even read the specification and are inventing crap as
you go.
[/snip]

Easy there sport, no need to fling words like 'crap' around and make
assertions about posters, especially when you do not know them.