On 20-Mar-06, at 3:05 PM, Jay Blanchard wrote:

[snip]
Hmm, perhaps I didn't explain clearly. To put it another:

1. A script sends an email to a user with sign-in details.
2. The user clicks a [submit] button in the email message called
"Quick Sign In"
3. A web browsers opens to http://www.website.com/signin.php (from
the <form method="post" action="http://www.website.com/sign.php";> in
the email)
4. Signin.php looks for $_POST["signindetails"] and auto-fills the form.

Except the form post is not posting signindetails...
[/snip]

Have you tried print_r($_POST) ?

Yes. And to answer a few other questions: The script, the email, the server—everything is on the same computer, running on top of the same Apache/PHP installation (v 4.3.11). The form is essentially:

<form method="POST" target="SI" action="http:// www.website.com"><input type="hidden" name="signindetails" value="serialized and htmlentitized array values..."><input type="submit" name="submit" value="Fill"></form>

I've narrowed it down a little farther:

1. If I copy the form from the email into the destination php page ("ProcessSignin.php"), and click Submit, it works—I get can see the $_POST["signindetails"]

2. If I copy the form from the email into the original php page ("MakeandSendSignin.php"), and click Submit (with action="ProcessSignIn.php"), it works—I can see the $_POST ["signindetails"]

3. ONLY if I click the Submit FROM the email—email client Mac OS X Mail.app or Outlook Excell—does it fail. The destination php page ("ProcessSignin.php") appears, but print_r($_POST) reveals no $_POST ["signindetails"].

So, it appears that the email clients are stripping the POST data on Submit.

...Rene