On Windows, you need SMTP set.

If you can't set it in php.ini, you might try .htaccess, but I suspect
that is locked down and you can't...

You could try things like:

Install Pegasus email client, and use it from http://php.net/exec to
send email.

Install some kind of class from http://phpclasses.org that lets you
choose your own SMTP server, and the PHP code in that class handles
the mail protocol rather than using PHP's builtin code (which is tied
to php.ini settings)

Note that the built-in code will be "faster" but the mail() function
is never suitable for mass high-volume emails.

On Sun, March 19, 2006 3:50 pm, Paul Goepfert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone had this problem before?  I have a web server that resides
> on a windows platform (According to phpinfo()).  I used the php mail
> function to send out a test message to make sure that the mail
> function would work when needed.  I sent out the test message and I
> didn't get an email sent to me.  This is what I did, I created the
> following variables:
>
> $to = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
> $subject ="Test";
> $message ="This is a test"
> $headers = "From: Paul " .
>                   "<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\r\n";
> $headers .= "X-Sender:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\r\n";
> $headers .="X-Mailer: PHP\r\n";
> $headers .="Return-Path: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\r\n";
>
> I put them in the mail function as parameters
> mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers).
>

> Ok now this is what is found in phpinfo():
>
> sendmail_from no value no value
> sendmail_path no value no value
> SMTP             no value no value
> smtp_port        25           25
>
> Do these values need to be set?  if so, how do that on a remote
> server?  I don't think I have access to the httpd config file or
> php.ini file.
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Like Music?