On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 16:38 +0300, ngwarai zed wrote:
> I tried changing display_errors = On and error_reporting = On in
> php.ini , restarted httpd but when I check with phpinfo() I still see
> display_errors set to Off and error_reporting set to 2047. My php
> script still does not show any errors. Why are my changes to php.ini
> not refrlected when I run phpinfo() ? Where am I getting it all wrong?

 Here are the things I would try (I'm assuming Linux/Apache setup):

 1) verify that there aren't any typo's that are causing fatal problems
in your php.ini

 2) look at the output of phpinfo() and verify the location of the
php.ini script. Default locations on *nix systems can
be /usr/local/lib/php.ini or /etc/php.ini depending on how PHP was
built. You might be modifying the wrong file (I've done that more than
once).

3) check your apache config, see if there's anything that might be
overriding your setup.

4) check your script for any ini_set() function calls that might be
changing display_errors.

Cheers,

Chris